Milan & Rome
Italy successfully fuses the old and the new, holding onto its illustrious past as it forges a new place for itself in the European hierarchy.
Rome the bustling capital is home to cultural icons such as the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, and the Trevi Fountain, while smaller cities like Milan, is famed for being hubs of industry and manufacturing.
IIS programs run monthly to the cities of Rome and Milan, delivering access to some of the largest and most dynamic sport industry businesses the country has to offer.
Intern in Sport – Life Changing Experiences
Italians are stereotypically characterised as being passionate, loud and extrovert, which couldn't be further from the reality.
As Italy continues to rebound from the last five years of turmoil, its people have become more pragmatic and open to new ideas and opinions.
One of Europe's most beautiful and historically important countries, Italy borders a number of EU member states most notably France and Austria.
Hot summers and mild winters
Areas of note:
Madonna dei Monte, Trastevere, San Lorenzo, Brera
Rome – Leonardo da Vinci, Ciampino, Milan – Linate, Malpensa
Accommodation in Italy is inexpensive compared to other EU states.
Both Milan and Rome offer a wide range of options including university-run student accommodation, private rented flat-shares, homestays, and city centre hostels.
Our team can advise on the most suitable options that match your chosen program schedule, providing quotes and make bookings on your behalf.
Typical costs per week in EUR
Flatshare - Private room:
€ 160.00 - € 240.001
Air b'n'b – Private room :
€ 180.00 - € 400.002
Budget to Luxury Hotel:
€ 170.00 - € 4,600.0033
City centre hostel:
€ 160.00 - € 280.004
1. Not available for internships of less than 8 weeks.
2. Payment is typically due in advance.
3. No deposit is typically required.
4. A deposit is typically required.
Italian is a popular language among interns and demand for courses during the summer period is high. Italy has numerous high quality language schools that offer intensive, refresher, and longer-term Italian courses, that can be scheduled to run alongside your program.
Our team has relationships with a number of the best language schools across the country, and can provide advice, quotes and book courses on your behalf.
Typical course costs per week in GBP
|1-week intensive course:
||£140.00 - £280.00
|2-week intensive course:
||£150.00 - £450.00
|4 week evening course:
||£180.00 - £340.00
|6 week evening course:
||£230.00 - £440.00
|Weekend study (4 weeks):
||£140.00 - £250.00
|Weekend study (8 weeks):
||£210.00 - £400.00
Having an airport transfer arranged and waiting for you upon your arrival provides peace of mind, and convenience.
From limos and taxis, to rail and coach transfers we have relationships with reputable local providers who will meet you as you arrive and deliver you to your accommodation safely and quickly.
Our team is happy to assist with providing quotes and making bookings on your behalf as required.
Travel insurance is not compulsory for interns, however it is highly recommended that some level of cover is taken out to protect against unforeseen accidents, and/or loss of property.
For interns not covered by their own policy, we can introduce you to a number of reputable providers, provide advice about the various levels of cover available, and secure cover before your program begins.
Intern in Sport - Life Changing Experiences
2018 / 19 Program Start Dates
- September 3rd 2018
- October 1st 2018
- November 5th 2018
- December 3rd 2018
- January 7th 2019
- February 4th 2019
- March 4th 2019
- April 8th 2019
- May 6th 2019
- June 3rd or 24th 2019
- July 1st or 29th 2019
- A professional internship
- The program includes a guaranteed internship within a dynamic business that operates within your chosen sport or sports-related sector for the period requested.
- Pre-departure Q&A session
- The program includes a pre-departure Q&A session with your Program Manager, who will answer any questions that you have about your internship, host business or destination, and ensure that you have prepared everything necessary to get the most out of your trip.
- Post-arrival orientation session with local coordinator
- The program includes a post-arrival orientation session with your local coordinator who will answer any questions that you have about your chosen program, host business or destination, and provide you with local insight, advice and information to ensure you get the most out of your trip.
- Welcome pack including local map and essential information
- The program includes a welcome pack which includes a local destination map, guides to public transport, local attractions, restaurants, and cultural events. The pack also includes a list of important contact numbers, a short insider’s city guide written by our team, and information about your host company.
- Flight and travel insurance advice
- The program includes access to our Partnerships Team who will answer any questions you might have about securing the most suitable flights to your destination, and sourcing the most appropriate insurance product.
- Accommodation option advice and booking facility
- The program includes access to our Partnerships Team who can advise you on the best local accommodation options available, local prices, and importantly legal matters including tenancy agreements and deposit security (for private rentals). The team can also negotiate and make accommodation bookings on your behalf if necessary.
- We are the only specialist sport industry internship provider
- Our data -driven approach is unique
- 99% of our 2016 interns recommend us
- We have access to the best host companies
- Our service is professional and transparent